3.30.2011

Following God

I commute to work every day via train, and while most would probably complain about the interesting sort of challenges you experience riding public transportation (train running behind schedule, passengers with varying levels of body odor, packed seats and nowhere to stand some days), despite all that, I still enjoy it.
A lot.
There is a freedom in being untouchable, in a sense, for 30 minutes a day, twice a day, and there is a bit of therapy in being able to do what I want (which is read, write, or make up exciting stories about the passengers' lives) for 60 minutes a day.
Anyhow. All that nonsense to tell you this: I commute via train, and on the way in to work, I've seen this billboard recently:

Read the Holy Bible
Follow Jesus

And, while I praise the ad's simplicity of message; I get a mixed feeling when I see that billboard, because it is and it isn't that easy...

Christianity, in my opinion, cannot be boiled down to those two sentences, and not only that, there's more to it than that.

And yet at the same time, I disagree with myself, and think, you know, it's not that difficult; what's difficult is for us to remove all the barriers of schedules, to-do lists and other life committments, that keeps us from doing these two simple things.

So, hence the thought: it is, and isn't that easy.

I've shared my thoughts, so what are yours? I'd be interested to see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment