5.28.2010

flirting with vegan-ism. or disaster.

Well. As if the title doesn't say it all, I will:

I am thinking about going vegan.

I know this is shocking, especially in Texas, especially during these times (meat is certainly having a bit of a heady revival these days), and especially shocking because my husband looks at a cow and thinks STEAK! so, wish me luck.

The reason I am even contemplating it (beyond the fact that I can't quite articulate how I will tell my child 'see that cute duckling over there?' 'yes, darling, we eat that') is because it has astounding health benefits. Astounding. Go look it up-I'll wait.
See? Crazy good health benefits. That and, it's cheap, readily available, and I'm sorry, but it looks so good on Tastespotting. (www.tastespotting.com)

And, well, my body is getting older, a little rounder and a little tired, dare I say, of eating things that are neon orange.

So, we will see what evolves. At this point, just flirting with the idea; any more and my husband might think I was leaving him for tofu.

No comments:

Post a Comment