6.08.2010

good times. fleeting times.

So, this weekend...this weekend was a great deal of fun.

Beyond the library (I know, I know, hold me back-Liz is about to get CRAZY!), we spent time with our family and enjoyed it.

This may be a no-brainer to you; this may put a question mark in your brain, but, sometimes,
I really don't enjoy family time.

I am okay with me, B and Darling Child, but sometimes, when other family is involved, I'm not so psyched. And before you start gasping, it's not because I don't love them; it's because...
hold your breath-I don't always get my way.

I realize I should be bigger than this.

I realize that now, especially, since I am a mother.
I realize that I would never want to see this sort of behavior in my child.

What I have also realized is how good it feels to be around family.

It's the feeling like the warm sun on your body, soaking up the rays, the golden warmth you feel right before you start to burn and crisp up.

It's the ice cream that isn't too sweet or cold;it's the ice cream at that perfect, fleeting, temporary moment right before it begins melting and running down your hand, the sweet, sticky drippings threatening your flip flops.

It's that moment, that last Saturday morning before summer ended; the one you got up early for just so you could savor it, just so you could remember the feeling of being free and young one last time.

That was what this last family event was. Just like those experiences. No drama, no sarcasm,
not too lengthy, not too short, not about any one person, but about all of us, relating to one another.

Perfectly good times with imperfectly good people.
And fleeting. So, so fleeting.
But perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment